How to Apply
Any adult who believes he or she meets the selection criteria is encouraged to apply. You may download the
Leadership Mendocino application form (PDF)
here, and fill out and mail or fax back to Leadership Mendocino.
Deadline for Applications for the 2013-2014 program is July 15, 2013.
413 N. State Street
Ukiah, CA 95482
FAX TO: (707) 462-0191
Participant selection will be based upon the completed application and a face-to-face interview. Priority will be given to applicants who:
- Live in Mendocino County or work in Mendocino County if they live outside the county.
- Show a likelihood of being committed to Mendocino County over the next five years.
- Demonstrate a high level of interest through personal involvement or strong desire to become involved with community service on Boards or in other leadership roles in the County.
- Demonstrate an ability to make sensible choices when faced with difficult business decisions.
- Have full endorsement of employer, if applicable.
- Show personal commitment to full participation as set forth in the Participation Agreement.
- Participation in Leadership Mendocino Class XXI includes mandatory attendance at:
- A Class Retreat to be held September 27-28, 2013 which is a full Friday and half day Saturday.
- At least six of the eight one-day Class Day sessions.
- Graduation to be held on a date TBA in May or June 2014.
- A commitment to do a class project involving community leadership in Mendocino County lasting for a minimum of one year.
- Class participants are expected to arrive at class on time and stay for the whole day.
- Class members who miss more than two class days will not graduate but may make up the missed classes within 12 months and graduate with the next class.
- A commitment to serve as a Day Coordinator to plan and implement one or more class days for Leadership Mendocino Class XXII during 2014-2015.
- Continue and complete the class project if not completed in the first year.
Tuition for each Leadership Mendocino participant is $1,000. Of the $1,000 tuition, a personal financial commitment of $100 from each participant is required. The balance may be paid by an employer, individual(s), organization(s) or the participant. Full tuition is due on or before the date of Class Orientation. Notification of acceptance may be delivered to class participant by email or by regular mail.
Checks or cash are accepted, and checks are payable to Leadership Mendocino.
Tuition for each participant accepted in Leadership Mendocino is $1,000. A limited number of partial scholarships (a maximum of $500.00) may be available to participants who are unable to completely finance their tuition. The
scholarship policy and
may be downloaded here.
For more information, or to request an application by email, contact
at (707) 463-6967.