How to Apply
Any adult who believes he or she meets the selection criteria is encouraged to apply.
Simply download the
Leadership Mendocino Application Form (PDF)
here. Once completed, you can return your application to Leadership Mendocino by mail or fax:
413 N. State Street
Ukiah, CA 95482
FAX TO: (707) 462-0191
Deadline to apply for the 2013-2014 program is July 25, 2013.
Participant selection will be based upon the completed application and a face-to-face interview. Priority will be given to applicants who:
- Live in Mendocino County or work in Mendocino County if they live outside the county.
- Show a likelihood of being committed to Mendocino County for five years after completion of the program.
- Demonstrate a high level of interest through personal involvement or a strong desire to serve in the community on a Board or in another leadership role in the County.
- Demonstrate an ability to make sensible choices when faced with difficult business decisions.
- Have full endorsement of his or her employer, if applicable.
- Show personal commitment to full participation as set forth in the Participation Agreement (see
for full details).
The tuition fee to participate in Leadership Mendocino is $1,000. Of the $1,000 tuition, a personal financial commitment of $100 from each participant is required. The remaining balance of the tuition may be paid by an employer, individual(s), organization(s) or the participant.
Your tuition includes: class name tag, materials and binder; continental breakfast and lunch during class days; accommodations and regular meals for the overnight retreat (September); fees associated with class experiences / tours, etc.; and a huge number of opportunities to enhance your leadership abilities.
Once you have been notified of acceptance into the Leadership Mendocino program, your full tuition is due on or before the date of your Class Orientation.
There are a limited number of partial scholarships (up to a maximum of $500) which may be available to participants who are unable to completely fund their tuition through other means. The
Scholarship Award Policy and
Scholarship Application form
may be downloaded here.
For more information, or to request an application by email, contact
at (707) 467-3230.